Airtel and Jio are aiming to deploy their 5G services across significant Indian cities by the end of 2023.
It has been six months since the launch of 5G services in India, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the India Mobile Congress on October 1, 2022. At the moment, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio are the only two telecom operators that offer 5G networks in the country; however, the nation plans to make the new generation of network connectivity available through both public and private providers.
At a swift rate, both telecom providers are rolling out their 5G networks across the nation and anticipate reaching the major cities of India by 2023. In the last half-year, Jio and Airtel have already extended their 5G services to around 500 cities, at no cost. Let us have a closer look at the 5G deployment in India conducted by Jio and Airtel.
Jio 5G is available in these cities
Jio has recently introduced their 5G network, called “Jio True 5G”, which is available in 406 cities across 32 States and Union Territories in India. The 5G network promises faster connection speeds and improved user experience.
- – Andhra Pradesh: The Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is home to many cities, including Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Narasaraopet, Nellore, Ongole, Rajamahendravaram, Srikakulam, Tirumala, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Hindupur, Madanapalle, Proddatur, Ananthapuramu, Bhimavaram, Chirala, Guntakal, Nandyal, Tenali, Anakapalli, Machilipatnam, Tadipatri, Amalapuram, Dharmavaram, Kavali, Tanuku, Tuni, and Vinukonda. Other cities in Andhra Pradesh include Adoni, Badvel, Chilakaluripet, Gudivada, Kadiri, Narsapur, Rayachoti, Srikalahasti, and Tadepalligudem.
- – Arunachal Pradesh: Itanagar
- Assam: Guwahati, Nagaon, Silchar, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Tezapur, Bongaigaon, North Lakhimpur, Sivasagar, Tinsukia.
- Bihar: Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gaya, Katihar, Bhagalpur, Arrah, Begusarai, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Purnia.
- Chattisgarh: Bhilai, Bilaspur, Durg, Korba, Raipur, Rajnandgaon, Raigarh, Ambikapur, Dhamtari, Jagdalpur, Bhatapara.
- Goa: Panaji, Mormugao, Margao
- Daman and Diu
- Gujarat: Ahmedabad, Ahwa, Amreli, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Botad, Chhota Udaipur, Dahod, Godhra, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Kalol, Khambalia, Lunawada, Mehsana, Modosa, Morbi, Nadiad, Navsari, Palanpur, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot, Rajpipla, Surat, Vadodara, Valsad, Veraval, Vyara, Wadhwan, Ankleshwar, Savarkundla, Gandhidham, Vapi.
- Jammu Kashmir: Jammu, Kashmir, Anantnag, Baramulla, Kathua, Katra, Sopore, Rajouri.
- Jharkhand: Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Hazaribag, Deoghar, Bokaro Steel City, Katras, Dumka.
- Haryana: Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, Karnal, Panchkula, Panipat, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Yamunanagar, Thanesar, Bhiwani, Jind, Kaithal, Rewari, Fatehabad, Gohana, Hansi, Narnaul, Palwal in Haryana and Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nadaun, Shimla, Baddi-Barotiwala-Nalagarh, Dharamshala, Kangra, Paonta Sahib in Himachal Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh: Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nadaun, Shimla, Baddi-Barotiwala-Nalagarh, Dharamshala, Kangra, Paonta Sahib.
- Karnataka: Bagalkote, Belgaum, Bellary, Bengaluru, Bidar, Bijapur, Chikkamagaluru, Davanagere, Gadag-Betageri, Hassan, Hospet, Hubli-Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mandya, Mangalore, Manipal, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Tumakuru, Udupi, Chitradurga, Raichur, Kolar, Bhadravathi, Ramanagara, Doddaballapura, Chintamani, Haveri, Karwar, Ranebennur, Robertsonpet.
- Kerala: Alappuzha, Cherthala, Guruvayur Temple, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur, Trivandrum, Changanassery, Muvattupuzha, Kodungallur, Attingal, Kanhangad, Nedumangad, Taliparamba, Thalassery, Thiruvalla.
- Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, Shri Mahakaal Mahalok, Ujjain, Chhindwara, Ratlam, Rewa, Sagar, Satna, Katni Murwara, Betul, Dewas, Vidisha.
- Maharashtra: Ahmednagar, Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded-Waghala, Nashik, Pune, Sangli, Solapur, Akola, Parbhani, Jalgaon, Latur, Chandrapur, Ichalkaranji, Beed, Chakan, Dhule, Jalna, Malegaon, Satara, Bhandara, Wardha.
- Manipur: Imphal, Thoubal.
- Meghalaya: Shillong and Tura.
- Mizoram: Aizawl, Lunglei.
- Nagaland: Kohma, Dimapur.
- Odisha: Balasore, Baripada, Bhadrak, Bhubaneshwar, Brahmapur, Cuttack, Jharsuguda, Puri, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Talcher, Balangir, Nalco, Bhawanipatna, Jatani, Khordha, Sundargarh, Byasanagar, Rayagada.
- Punjab: Amritsar, Derabassi, Kharar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Zirakpur, Bathinda, Khanna, Mandi Gobindgarh, Jalandhar, Phagwara, Pathankot, Hoshiarpur.
- Rajasthan: Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Nathdwara, Udaipur, Bhilwara, Sri Ganganagar, Sikar, Alwar, Ajmer, Tonk.
- Tamil Nadu: Chennai, Coimbatore, Dharmapuri, Erode, Hosur, Madurai, Salem, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirappalli, Tiruppur, Vellore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Kancheepuram, Karur Kumbakonam, Nagercoil, Thanjavur, Tiruvannamalai, Tirunelveli, Pollachi, Kovilpatti, Ambur, Chidambaram, Namakkal, Pudukkottai, Ramanathapuram, Sivakasi, Tiruchengode, Viluppuram, Karaikudi, Krishnagiri, Ranipet, Theni Allinagaram, Udhagamandalam, Vaniyambadi.
- Telangana: Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Warangal, Mancherial, Adilabad, Ramagundam, Mahabubnagar, Siddipet, Sangareddy, Jagtial, Kothagudem, Kodad, Tandur, Zahirabad, Nirmal, Suryapet.
- Tripura: Agartala, Kumarghat.
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun, Haldwani-Kathgodam, Rishikesh, Rudrapur, Roorkee, Mussoorie, Kashipur, Ramnagar.
- Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Noida, Prayagraj, Saharanpur, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Mathura, Muzaffarnagar, Firozabad, Faizabad, Barabanki, Rampur.
- West Bengal: Asansol, Durgapur, Kolkata, Siliguri, Bardhaman, Berhampore, English Bazar, Habra, Kharagpur, Bankura.
Jio 5G plans
Jio has yet to roll out its 5G Welcome Offer, which will enable customers in areas with Jio 5G connectivity to experience the next-generation technology. To be eligible for the offer, consumers must possess a 5G-compatible device and have an active mobile recharge of Rs 239 or higher.
Airtel 5G is available in these cities
Airtel is swiftly progressing with the deployment of its Airtel 5G Plus network, having already launched 5G services in more than 500 cities.
- Andhra Pradesh: Cuddapah, Ongole, Eluru, Vizianagaram, Nellore, Ananthapur, Vizag, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Guntur, Kurnool, Tirupati, Anakapelle, Tadepalligudem, Adoni, Chilakaluripeta, Kadiri, Achitapuram, Gadwal, Kandukur, Pulivendula, Tadipatri.
- Assam: Jorhat, Tezpur, Guwahati, Silchar, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, Bongaigaon, Howli, Badarpur, Bokakhat, Barpeta Road, Biswanath Chariali, Golaghat, Diphu.
- Bihar: Fatwah, Araria, Jehanabad, Forbesganj, Motihari, Siwan, Saharsa, Madhepura, Lakhisarai, Sultanganj, Jamui, Gaya, Khagaria, Bettiah,
Patna, Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Bodh Gaya, Begusarai, Katihar, Kishanganj, Purnia, Gopalganj, Barh, Bihar Sharif, Bihta, Nawada & Sonepur, Hajipur, Arrah, Sasaram, Darbhanga, Chapra, Madhubani, Samastipur, Sitamarhi, Aurangabad, Buxar, Daudnagar, Dumra, Dehri, Jainagar, Munger, Mansi, Supaul, Hathua.
- Chhattisgarh: Bilaspur, Raipur, Durg-Bhilai, Korba, Raigarh, Rajnandgaon
- Chandigarh Tri-City: Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula.
- Delhi: Gujarat Navsari, Morbi, Surendrana, Junagadh, Vapi, Dahej, Bharuch, Anand, Bhavnagar, Ankleshwar, Jamnagar, Nadiad, Kadodara, Mehsana, Kalol, Bhuj, Gandhidham, Mundra, Palanpur, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Bopal, Silvassa, Valsad, Kadi, Botad, Changodar, Chhatral, Gondal, Veraval, Solsumba, Navagam, Dholka, Idar, Surat, Pipodara, Sarigam, Sihor.
- Haryana: Gurugram, Panipat, Faridabad, Hissar, Rohtak, Ambala, Sonipat, Karnal, Yamunanagar, Bahadurgarh, Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Sirsa, Saha.
- Himachal Prades: Manali, Solan, Kangra, Kullu, Palampur, Nalagarh, Shimla, Dharamshala, Mandi, Baddi, Una, Chamba, Paonta Sahib, Barotiwala.
- Jharkhand: Deoghar, Adityapur, Dhanbad, Bokaro Steel City, Ramgarh Cantonment, Khunti, Hazaribag, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Chaibasa, Garhwa, Giridih, Simdega, Dumka, Medininagar (Daltonganj).
- J&K: Jammu, Srinagar, Samba, Kathua, Udhampur, Akhnoor, Kupwara, Anantnag, Katra, Baramulla, Rajouri, Lakhanpur, Khour, Sopore, Tral, Handwara, Punch, Kishtwar, Shupiyan, Purana Daroorh, Bhaderwah.
- Kerala: Ponnani, Kalamassery, Tirurangadi, Vengara, Thrippunithura, Tirur, Kollam, Edathala, Muvattupuzha, Palakkad, Cheruvannur, Vazhakkala, Kayamkulam, Kochi, Trivandrum, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Alappuzha, Malappuram, Manjeri, Guruvayoor, Kannamangalam, Moonniyur, Choornikkara, Maradu, Paravur, Pirayiri, Koottilangadi, Kottayam, Pallippuram, Abdu Rahiman Nagar, Puzhakkattiri, Chavakkad, Cheranallur, Kodungallur, Malayinkeezhu, Neduva, Perumbaikad, Ponmundam, Pookkottur, Tanur, Valappad, Neyyattinkara, Thennala, Attingal, Chelambra, Eloor, Feroke, Irinjalakuda, Kadungalloor, Karakulam, Kodur, Komalapuram, Kuruvattur, Olavanna, Othukkungal, Parudur, Pattambi, Pulpatta, Purathur, Veliyankode.
- Karnataka: Mangalore, Mysore, Bengaluru, Gulbarga, Hassan, Raichur.
- Madhya Pradesh: Dewas, Jabalpur, Sagar, Chhatarpur, Mhow, Pithampur, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Rewa, Satna, Guna, Shivpuri, Vidisha, Katni, Mandsaur, Ratlam, Singrauli, Burhanpur, Chhindwara, Morena, Neemuch, Bhopal, Itarsi.
- Maharashtra: Dhule, Nashik, Achalpur, Udgir, Yavatmal City, Sinnar, Bhandara City, Aurangabad¸ Khamgaon, Jalgaon, Parbhani, Thane, Buldana, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Ahmadnagar, Amravati City, Sangli, Kolhapur, Jalna, Nande Waghala, Malegaon, Satara, Wardha, Wadgaon Kolhati, Bhagur, Jaysingpur, Karad, Badlapur, Daund, Junnar, Sanaswadi, Akluj, Alibaug, Boisar, Hingoli, Shahapur, Shirur, Bori, Murtijapur, Osmanabad, Vasai, Chandrapur, Daryapur Banosa, Igatpuri, Manjlegaon, Nandura, Vaijapur.
- North East: Churachandpur, Kohima, Itanagar, Aizawl, Gangtok, Shillong, Imphal, Agartala, Dimapur, Naharlagun, Belonia, Bishalgarh, Lunglei, Pasighat, Sekmai Bazar.
- Odisha: Kendrapada, Jajpur Road, Bolangir, Talcher, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Puri, Anugul, Sambalpur, Balasore, Berhampur, Bhawanipatna, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Paradeep & Bargarh Town, Bhadrak, Baripada, Khurda, Malkangiri, Bhanjanagar, Jajpur Town, Nuapada, Jagatsinghpur, Jeypore, Nowrangpur, Patamundai, Sonepur
- Punjab: Ludhiana, Derabassi, Kharar, Zirakpur, Jalandhar, Amritsar.
- Rajasthan: Bhiwadi, Pali, Ganganagar, Sikar, Jaipur, Udaipur, Kota, Alwar, Ajmer, Bikaner, Bhilwara, Jodhpur, Neemrana, Dausa, Vijainagar
- Tamil Nadu: Vellore, Salem, Tiruppur, Tirunelveli, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hosur, Madurai, Trichy, Erode, Puducherry, Thoothukkudi, Cuddalore, Nagercoil, Dindigul, Thanjavur, Kancheepuram, Karur, Thiruvallur, Palladam, Sulur.
- Telangana: Nizamabad, Khammam, Ramagundam, Hyderabad, Warangal, Karimnagar, Sangareddy, Yellandu, Kamareddy, Peddapalle, Medchal, Vikarabad.
- Uttar Pradesh: Jhansi, Ayodhya, Shahjahanpur, Raebareli, Barabanki, Chandauli, Banda, Hardoi, Mahrajganj, Kushinagar, Jaunpur, Balrampur, Mau, Gonda, Bareilly, Aligarh, Agra, Meerut, Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Pryagraj, Varanasi, Lucknow, Noida, Ghaziabad, Fatehpur,
Basti, Jalaun, Bahraich, Chitrakoot.
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun & Haridwar.
- West Bengal: Siliguri, Berhampore, Old Malda, Raiganj, Durgapur, Balurghat, Alipurduar, Dinhata, Asansol, Barrdhaman, Koch Bihar, Medinipur, Jalpaiguri, Darjeeling, Islampur, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Haldia, Ranaghat, Contai, Krishnanagar, Puruliya, Bongaon, Bankura, Raniganj, Kolaghat, Bolpur, Panskura, Tamluk, Dafarpur, Bagnan, Bara Suzapur, Kalikapur Barasat.
Airtel 5G plans
Unlike Jio, Airtel does not offer 5G services on an invitational basis. To experience Airtel 5G Plus, users will need a 5G smartphone and should be in a 5G network coverage area. Additionally, the telecom is also offering unlimited 5G data without any daily cap to all of its users who have an active recharge plan of Rs 249 and above.
How to start 5G in your smartphone
To start using 5G services on your smartphone:
Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Voice & Data> select 5G AUTO for Jio or Airtel